Welcome to the City of Fitchburg Purchasing Department. Our mandate is to implement and administer procurement policies and procedures in accordance with the Laws of the Commonwealth and City ordinances. Our duty is to maintain fair, legal, and competitive procurements. Our goal is to enter into agreements that offer low cost and the highest quality. And our mission is to provide the most responsible use of taxpayer dollars in contracting for City needs.
In the spirit of partnership between the business community and the City, we endeavor to:
- Foster business relationships with local, minority, women-owned, and small businesses
- Conduct legal, open and competitive procurements
- Offer fair and timely consideration to all vendors and contractors
- Provide prompt and courteous responses to requests for information
- Follow the Division of Occupational Safety Prevailing Wage Guidelines
- Observe the highest ethics in all facets of operation
The Purchasing Department is a service department supporting and providing assistance to all City departments in acquiring goods, services, and contracts they need to conduct City business. All quotations, bids, proposals, and general purchases are made through this department. Any department or business interested in the procurement process is encouraged to contact us.